Rachel McLish, the Martha Stewart of Bodybuilding (Without the Jail), was at a Planet Hollywood Premier and caught on film by LIFE magazine. These pictures never made it to print, but Google found them, and Female Muscle is bringing them to you!!
Rachel McLish is a IFBB bodybuilding legend. She won the inaugural Ms. Olympia competition in 1980, and then again in 1982. After retiring from bodybuilding in 1984, she did four movies and wrote two book on training that each made the New York Times Best Sellers list: Flex Appeal and Perfect Parts. Wikipedia reports she was in Pumping Iron II: The Women, Getting Physical (1984), Aces: Iron Eagle III (1992) and Raven Hawk (1996, pictured, in-depth review). In 1999, she was inducted into the IFBB Hall of Fame.
- 1980 US Bodybuilding Championship – 1st
- 1980 Frank Zane Invitational – 2nd
- 1980 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
- 1981 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 2nd
- 1982 Pro World Championship – 1st
- 1982 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 1st
- 1983 Caesars World Cup – 3rd
- 1984 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 2nd