Important training tips:
1. To avoid injury, you should always do a light warm-up set of 15 reps before each exercise.
2. Dropset- When you exchange a heavy weight for a lighter one in the middle of a set in order to gain more reps this is called a ‘dropset’. Dropsets are optional and are to be done as the last set of each exercise.
3. Smith machine- Many of these exercises; such as flat bench presses, the incline bench press, shoulder presses, squats and lunges can be done on what is known as the Smith machine for variation.
4. Supersets- When you train two muscle groups together, one after the other such as biceps-triceps, chest-back, quads-hamstrings, calves-tibia.
5. Reps- When you start each exercise your reps (repetitions) should be high. By your third or fourth set, as you increase the weight you should drop the number of repetitions.