Early life and bodybuilding
Born in Brooklyn, New York of Puerto Rican extraction, the 5’2″ Masino won her pro card by winning the lightweight class at the 1995 NPC Nationals. She competed as a professional through 2007, and was the 2003 Night of Champions winner.
Starting from early 1996, Masino was featured in various prominent fitness and bodybuilding magazines. She was a two time Centerfold in Flex Power & Sizzle and voted the “sexiest bodybuilder alive” by Iron Man. She was also included in Flex’s 1997 Annual Swimsuit issue and in their Fantasy Lingerie issue. In 1997, along with her then-husband and trainer Robert Masino, she founded Muscle Elegance, a magazine that features erotic pictorials of female bodybuilders and where Denise is featured as the main model. The magazine also produces a line of videos and the website Muscle Pinups.
Her feature film debut in the cultish vampire movie, “Blood + Kisses”,(originally titled Kiss of the Vampire as shown in trailers) was released in 2005.
- 1994 NPC Florida Championships – Overall winner
- 1994 NPC Nationals – 8th (MW)
- 1995 NPC Nationals – 1st (LW)
- 1996 Jan Tana Classic – 6th
- 1997 Jan Tana Classic – 6th
- 1997 Ms. International – 13th
- 1998 Jan Tana Classic – 8th
- 1998 Ms. International – Disqualified
- 1999 Ms. International – 7th
- 1999 Pro World Championship – 4th
- 2000 Ms. International – 4th (LW)
- 2001 Ms. International – 5th (LW)
- 2002 Ms. International – 6th (LW)
- 2003 Ms. International – 2nd (LW)
- 2003 Night of Champions – 1st (LW & Overall)
- 2003 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 3rd (LW)
- 2004 Ms. International – 3rd (LW)
- 2004 IFBB Ms. Olympia – 2nd (LW)
- 2007 Ms. International